DR Strategy Section - Issues

Mar 4, 2013 at 1:46 PM
Hello,

I am going through the DR Strategy section, particularly the AT Standby Servers and the Team Foundation Cluster section and the references to the TFS Installation Guide are good, except those particular sections do not exist in the installation guide (tfsadmin.chm). The closest I could find is: Configure using Application Tier only, and that is under the section for creating a farm. There however are no details on NICs required for clustering, how to cluster or set up the stand by application tier and manage it.

Where can I find full details on if I wanted to actually go about implementing one of those strategies?

Thanks,
~DrCrook
Coordinator
Mar 4, 2013 at 3:50 PM
Edited Mar 4, 2013 at 3:52 PM
As the hardware is a rapidly evolving ecosystem and as the choice of hardware usually "depends" on many factors we usually (if not always) leave out hardware recommendations in our guides. We recommend that you refer to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/314062 and select the best hardware for your environment, your requirements and also policies dictated by your infrastructure team(s).

That said, please feel free of documenting your requirements and constraints in this forum, so that others can share their experiences with you.